What separates FACT from its competitors?
Our senior actuaries have all “cut their teeth” in this business at larger consulting firms earlier in their careers when they met each other. Our hand-picked team provides small-firm personalized attention and service while maintaining big-firm technical skills, sense of urgency and attention to details. We understand that our clients’ goal is to identify the firm that can best deliver the full range of actuarial services, while providing attentive service, accuracy, high quality and optimal value in looking at plan design and funding issues.
Our firm was founded in 2002 because our clients urged us to meet a need for a high-quality actuarial consulting firm, attentive to the needs of collectively bargained multiemployer plans. And we are just that. We have offered pension and welfare fund actuarial consulting services primarily to Taft-Hartley defined benefit plans and welfare plans, since our inception.
At FACT, we:
- speak at and attend conferences sponsored by the International Foundation of Employee Benefits Plans (IFEBP), the annual Enrolled Actuaries Meeting and the Conference of Consulting Actuaries (CCA), and several bar associations
- regularly participate in educational webinars broadcast by the CCA and the IFEBP
- regularly communicate with our clients on a variety of ongoing projects, emerging trends, and new regulatory developments
- take pride in knowing that our clients learn of these events from us first, and
- publish a newsletter to the multiemployer community called Just the FACTs.
FACT maintains a staff of actuaries, consultants, analysts and information-technology experts. We currently have five accredited actuaries who average over 20 years of experience providing actuarial consulting services with a focus almost exclusively on the multiemployer plan area. Some speak and write frequently on relevant topics and are considered to be “thought leaders” within our industry. Our staff includes Associates of the Society of Actuaries, members of the American Academy of Actuaries, Fellows of the Conference of Consulting Actuaries, Enrolled Actuaries and members of the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP) as well as members of the IFEBP’s Professionals Committee.